Monday, February 7, 2011

Betty Crocker

I'm sure you are bored about reading about the weather so I guess I could tell you a little about me. Since I'm off track, working 8 hours a week and only taking 3 credits, I often have a lot of free time. With my free time I decided I would become the next Betty Crocker. OK, maybe not but I have been cooking and baking quite a bit. I make dinner every night, and its not mac and cheese. Its the good stuff. I've made some pretty good food if I do say so myself. My favorite so far has been lemon basil chicken pasta. Here is the recipe courtesy of thepioneerwoman.com

Marinade for Chicken
Olive oil
juice of 4 lemons
Dijon mustard
honey
dash of salt

Ingredients
4 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
1 lb penne pasta
1/2 stick of butter
3 lemons, juiced
3/4 heavy cream
1/4 half and half (I used milk)
1-1/2 grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
20 basil leaves (I used a little bit more)

Preparation
Cook pasta, keep 1 cup of pasta water.
Melt butter over medium heat, add lemon juice. Wisk. add cream and half and half (milk). Wisk until hot. Dump in cheese, wisk until melted. Add some hot pasta water if needed.
Mix pasta, sauce, chicken and basil together.

2 comments:

  1. sounds good, maybe I will try it with out the cream. Is the cheese 1 1/2 cups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only used one cup of cheese and it was plenty thick. I didn't add any hot pasta water either.

    ReplyDelete