Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Roommates

Ok so this is going to be a little venting sessions so if you aren't interested, stop now.

So many of you know that I may be part clean freak and part OCD and I'm getting better about both but today I had had it. This is how the story begins
Background info
My roommates are very messy people (problem number one) and they don't keep it in there rooms (problem number two). I have been cleaning up after them in the kitchen because it bothered me. I do the dishes everyday , fill and empty the dish washer, clear off and wipe off the counters, sweep and mop the floor.
The Good Part of the  Story
On Monday I overheard my roommates talking about how the kitchen was a disaster and how I hadn't done the dishes in a while (I hadn't done them since Saturday... I know that is FOREVER ago but when was the last time you did them?). So I deep cleaned the kitchen and decided to go on strike. I left the dishwasher full of clean dishes, rude I know, and everything else was sparkling clean including the microwave. By last night the sink was overflowing with dirty gross dishes. This morning it started to smell but I resisted and left it a mess. I took all of my plates, bowls and cups downstairs so I would have clean dishes to use.
When I got home from work one of my roommates tells me that she has to eat out tonight because all of the pots (all 6 of them) are dirty so she can't make mac and cheese. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Are you really that lazy? I couldn't believe it and had to go to my room so I didn't explode.
Removing my dishes wasn't a good idea because they confronted me about it and wanted to know what was going on. They said, "you could have said something instead of acting irrational and removing your things. We aren't easily offended you could have just yelled at us." Like I'm going to yell at them. Just so everyone knows I hate confrontations especially when it is 2 on 1. I was minding my own business doing homework in my room and was rudely interrupted and put down. I thought I was very nice about it and just said that I wanted to have clean dishes and so mine will be staying in my room.
So I need some advice. What should I do? How do I overcome my clean freakness?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kennedy, I feel for you. I'm sorry that you inherited those traits from me. It is not right that you should do all the work. If your roommates are halfway reasonable, you could try and have a meeting with them and make a work schedule, maybe you could get some cooperation. I had to give up some of my obsession with order when I had my five kids at home. Now it has returned somewhat, but you know that. It is a blessing and a curse, I know. Good luck in working it out with the other girls. You only have to stay there till the end of the semester. Love you lots, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you don't live in y house? The same exact thing has happened here but it's the whole house, not just the kitchen. You don't know how many times I wanted to vent about it on my blog too! I'd had it a few weeks ago but I just figure, if they never learn to do dishes, thats their loss. They're in for a big surprise when they get married ha. I bought really nice dishes and pots and pans before I left and my roommates use them and leave them dirty in the sink so when I want to use them I can't even scrub the food out of them it's so gross. And if I don't take out the trash it doesn't get done either. The worst part is I have 18 credits and a job and most of them have like 12 credits, no job, and sit around watching tv all day. I actually don't know what to tell you...I just do all the dishes because I don't want to feel like I live in a barn. Even though it's not fair or anything. Don't give up on your organization though, it's one of my favorite things about you :) Just live with the satisfaction that someday you won't be living with them and they will realize how horrible they were. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete