Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Employed

2 weeks ago my  boss decided to give someone else my hours so my last day was Thursday :( At first I wasn't the happiest camper out there, but then I realized that maybe it was going to be a good thing. I applied for my first job ever (I've had 3 other jobs but never had to apply or be interviewed so I wasn't used to the whole proccess of looking for a job and applying and being interviewed.) I was 1 of 300 applicants,  1 of 50 interviewed and 1 of 6 to be hired. Sounds great right? It is but I also applied to work on campus as a student secretary. I also got hired there as well. So then I had a decision to make... Do I work 18 hours a week (Monday - Friday) on campus and finish the day at 5 or do I work at Kiwi Loco (a frozen yogurt chain) where the hours could be late and on the weekends? I decied to go with the secratary job, because I'm planning on playing sports this summer and would like to make the games, I would like to have my weekends free and my hours are consistent :) So I now have a job close instead of having to drive 30 minutes. I think in the end it did work out for the better!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job(s)!! I'd hire you in a heartbeat. It sounds like you made a great choice and I hope you like it. A campus job is definitely more convenient and if they like you, you can probably keep it for years if you want to. Hopefully I'll get to see you next time you are out here - so soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to have an employable daughter...Maybe I taught you something after all! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Hadn't heard about the secretarial job. That will be wonderful! I always loved a campus job as they are very flexible with classes and such. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you get to work with your favorite person ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete