Monday, June 8, 2009

Knee surgery




I'm sure you all know but I had knee surgery three weeks from today. What they found was plica (scar tissue) and a band in my knee that should have dissolved when I was an infant. They took out the band and smoothed out the . My knee looks pretty good. I had three incisions and one you can hardly see and the other two have just little scabs. I am going to physical therapy once a week because we have to go to Reno and that is often a pain to go three to four times a week. I have been doing the same exercises at home. I can almost straighten my leg all the way, and I can bend it about a 45 degree angle. I was only on crutches for 5 days. At first I didn't like the idea of being off them because I was so slow at walking and it was tiring and was painful, but after a few days I was only slightly limping. Now I can walk fine most of the time. But i can't stand up for a long time because my other leg gets tired.

1 comment: